PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2009, 22:08
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RYR barely cancel flights in relation to the amount of rotations that are operated. Secondly if LS were to move to the holidays business, they would have a bit of difficulty with well TCX,MON and the TUI group.
They already have gone into the holidays business, with Jet2Holidays. Jet2.com is also the UK's 4th largest CHARTER airline now.

Everybody seems to think that just because Ryanair are basing 2 aircraft at LBA that Jet2 will suddently disappear. That won't happen, PM's words this morning were very strong and he is not going to let O'Leary walk over his pride and joy.

Jet2Krazey is correct, Jet2 do carry some very affluent clientel from LBA. If you don't believe it, come to check in around 11am any day of the week for the NCE, BGY, VCE, GVA, TLS etc. Jet2 do have a very loyal following, I can guarantee you will not see a single Jet2Plus passenger step onboard a Ryanair Aircraft. The ones that have, have come back to Jet2. I'm saying that because I deal with these passengers every day.

Jet2 compete quite happily with easyJet, bmi baby, Monarch and Ryanair at its other bases so what makes LBA any different? The Ryanair base will increase passenger numbers at LBA, when Ryanair fly twice daily to the spanish sun routes Jet2 does, thats the time PM needs to start worrying.

Jet2 are here to stay, if you dont believe me lets see whats happening a year from now.