PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Merlins crews unwilling to go to Afghanistan?
Old 11th Aug 2009, 19:25
brandnew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does a squealing Wizard sound like?

Mr Freaky Wizard- yet again, if antyhing I've said is factually incorrect then please let me know, either publically, or via PM. I am more than willing to discuss anything that I have said/observed. What you don't like is a little bit of truth. How about keeping quiet and trying to learn, before HERRICK gives you all a nasty shock.

MGD. I'm a serving AAC pilot, rank irrelevant. Over 10 years in uniform, with +1000 hours on Lynx and another +750 on another AAC type. I've served on TELIC with the Merlin force on two occasions. I've also served with other SH types, including Chinook, in a number of other theatres. No more details, as I'm sure you'll understand.

No axe to grind, just genuine confusion as to why the Merlin Force have ignored all advice from JHC and in particular the Chinook Force, and have ended up 3000 or so miles in the wrong direction. Very difficult to defend, especially today's environment.

I have no doubt that the indviduals in the Merlin Force will step up to the plate when the time comes, I just disagree with their current ethos and am perplexed by their choice of PDT!

Fly safe!