PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2009, 18:14
Vanpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many people " the paying public" would still fly on the low cost airlines if they knew that should the captain be not up to speed, they can have full faith in the 300hrs guy/girl that had the largest check book at the time.

I'm sure most of them are very capable pilots but Like F1's Mr Lewis Hamilton even when sponsored by a big named team had to work his way up.......not just yes he can drive well lets putting him in the fastest thing we can find straight away.

The hardest thing I find is that some of them think they belong there and its their right to just fly for an airline in a 737/320. Maybe its just the way it was sold to them by the great schools of the UK. Who are probably still saying its a great time to get your CPL/IR so you can be ready for the next Boom

There are still some coming up the hard way in our ops room learning the trade and teaching in there days off....so there will still be the odd pilot knocking about that has flown something other than a seneca and a 737.

Like to think I would not have gone right seat straight away in a 737. If I'd had the chance when I started flying but ...who knows.....the dark side is strong