PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2009, 14:50
Bla Bla Bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" You don't have to be an experienced pilot to like a flying career"

No you don't but I bet your passengers would like you to be an experienced pilot whilst enjoying your flying career.

Fair one you got offered a great job early on and I'm sure we would have all taken it if we had that opportunity. But I think you would agree that if push came to shove and you had to fly by the seat of your pants and and really get hold of the aircraft it maybe your first time of doing so.

I agree totally that things have changed and the MPL will probably be the way the airlines go in the future. I hope when the captain and the fo both ex mpl have a situation like the Hudson that some one has taught them and given them the reactions and experience that captain had built up over years and years of flying.

Thread creep sorry, anyway what ever route you take it does not change the fact that allot of the new guys/girls don't no a DC3 from a F16 for example. And no I don't think it makes you a safer pilot but it does show an interest in the industry and actually allow you to get more from your job in terms of interest.