PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA
Thread: DGCA
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2009, 09:13
shanx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you require working rights in OTHER countries!? There are thousands of CPL holders in India and thousands more that will be generated over the next few years. Why isn't there adequate infrastructure for flight schools right here in our country where young pilots can gain experience as instructors and pass on the baton to future pilots?? Why do we have to go to XYZ country to get a CPL?
If you are seriously asking why students should not train in India, then you're either not an Indian or have no clue about the situation regarding flying clubs in India. Lets not get to that dirty topic.
You are suggesting an ideal scenario which will not happen even in the next 200 years with the way things are going. Anyone with basic knowledge of the state of affairs in this country right now will whole heartedly agree. There will be some very good changes in some other departments and ministries and education system etc ... but flying clubs producing quality education/training is a DISTANT DISTANT DREAM.

I personally know SEVERAL guys/gals who trained in India and who have never flown above 3000 feet MSL, have NEVER seen any Jepp chart, except once during some beer party when CFI was in a mood to show off his aviation experience and knowledge, have not done ANYTHING MORE than a basic take off and landing and traffic patterns in the local field. NEVER banked the wings on their Cessna-152 more than 20-30 degrees.
I dont want to mentione anyone's names or any flying clubs as it would lead to problems on a public forum.
I'll just say that these AERONAUTICALLY ILLITERATE guys and gals are from several "well known" flying schools/clubs located in remote towns all over India.
Guys sell dope to get some flying hours from the CFI and buy him premium scotch whiskey and Girls sleep with the CFI to try and finish their course real fast.

I know you'll probably accuse me of painting everyone with the same brush ... PERHAPS .. but trust me, the image of Indian Aviation has been MARRED and SCREWED up because of such elements.

Would you rather prefer some guy with 1000 hours total time with 60% of the time FAKE LOGGED, another 20% time logged flying circuits in a remote uncontrolled field and the rest logged by flying between no more than 2 or 3 airports VFR... to be on the Right Seat of a Multi-Crew Transport Jet ?

Or a guy who has earned his CPL from US, Canada, Aus etc and with a self-sponsored Type Rating ?

Now if the same guy got his flying credentials and experience OUTSIDE, then it is another thing..

Hence, we have to go to XYZ country (preferably USA, Canada) to really know what aviation is FROM THE GROUND UP. GA to Airline, to charter, etc.