PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Aug 2009, 08:31
Bucking Bronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyer69Uk

Nice post, I agree with you that probably most crew don't want to strike and that most crew are indeed behind BASSA.

From talking to CC downroute the vast majority are behind BASSA and have been putting forward the BASSA line. Where we've managed to have an unemotional discussion about the facts and details (for example putting the facts straight on the pilots deal, discussing the challenges BA face) then I've found the CC to be a little less chest beating and more reasoned/measured in their opinions. My advice to them FWIW has always been to get the "facts" from both BASSA and BA - take a deep breath, then have a look at them and consider your position. Deciding on a position only having listened to one side of the arguement and not scrutinising what you've heard is never appropriate, especially in something as serious as this.

The "discussions" that I've had to walk away from are when individuals have basically put their fingers in their ears, started name calling and accused anyone who has a different viewpoint from BASSA of being liars. These people are quite simply beyond reason and comprehension.

Anyway, it seems to be quietening down a bit now, what's it like on BASSA and CF? Could it be that CC are happy with what's on the table? From the limited information I have seen (CC letter) it seems that BA have given some concessions.

Cheers

BB