PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPP Enquiries!!
Thread: CPP Enquiries!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2009, 19:15
hyper_raiden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPP Enquiries!!

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked before, because I'm sure they have been.
I skimmed around the two pages here but couldn't find the answer.
Can someone please clarify for me the following:

Eyesight! The huge myth surrounding pilots is that all of them have absolutely perfect vision. But I've read from numerous sources that it depends on the airline company. A post here says that CX has a lot of pilots with glasses. Is this true? I know pilots need a class 1 medical exam, which includes 20/20 vision but is optical aid allowed for the test? I read from a source the other day that some pilots can wear glasses in the cockpit, provided they bring an extra pair just in case anything happens. Some say that having LASIK or related eye surgery before applying is a big no-no, while some say different. I'm getting really confused, and I just want to know the requirements of being a CX cadet pilot. I have a little myopia and wear glasses.

I've read the post on "the ideal CPP applicant" and I understand CX chooses cadets of all backgrounds. I know that flying hours is not required, but what type of subjects in University would be preferred for applicants? I see alot of engineering degrees and aviation degrees for successful applicants. But problem is, I'm not really that big a maths person, hence not really into engineering and stuff; and there aren't any aviation degrees offered in HK. Can anyone give me some advice? Do some people make it to the CPP even before Uni?

I'm currently 19, living in HK and taking the HKAL next year. I really love flying and being a pilot has been my childhood dream. I'd really appreciate it if any pilot could take the time to chat with me, talk me through the details and clear up the confusions. Please PM me! If you really can't, please at least leave a msg here! Thanks guys!