PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots New Vueling
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2009, 14:15
Jimmy Hoffa Rocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From another thread.

FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt, addressed ALPA’s annual Air Safety Forum and expressed concern for the quality of experience of captains in some of today’s airlines. “There are some airlines out there with senior pilots who have three years under their belt, and, unlike back then — they are going right into jets, flying long days in some of the busiest airspace in the world.” Babbitt says in his speech, “I’m not saying that you’ve got to have 10 or 15 thousand hours before you’re worth your salt, but there is something to be said for having been flying around the system a few seasons.”

Babbitt continues and states that even these “seasoned” pilots must use their collective knowledge and mentor the rest of the pilot group to enhance safety. “This needs to become part of our professional DNA. If you’ve got experience and you’re not sharing it, you’re doing a disservice to our profession.”

There are a lot of experienced Captains at ex-Clickair. And things have now changed since the rapid growth has stopped

But I am a little shocked to see how young and green looking some of the
ex-Clickair Captains are.

Is this true or not some guys coming to Click with 800-900 hours and two years right seat then bingo Captain ( 2500 hours ) if they are sharp enough ( and connected ) ?

The problem is the history of hurry up syndrome accidents rushing combined with etc.....

I've been told the Vueling new Sepla section ( once recognized )
will help stand up for a proper safety culture and to maintain high Maintenance standards , as well as defending working conditions, not punctuality at the cost of safety
Long term this is good for Vueling and they believe good for long term shareholders. Totally win/win for all.

" Constructive coperation " is what the new Independant Sepla Vueling will work towards.
Right on Jose Luis

Last edited by Jimmy Hoffa Rocks; 11th Aug 2009 at 10:08.