PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 10th Aug 2009, 11:00
Reargunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the parent union must take legal responsibility for any andustrial action, including the possibility of legal action by the company to sue individual officers for damages, it is hardly suprising that they have the power to prevent reckless or illegal ballots.

Are you suggesting BA might punish the ground staff for action by the cabin crew?

That's a pretty hideous idea.

I understand the ground staff's chief problem with the company is over the amount of outsourcing in the cost-cutting plan. Plus a manager told me they intend to introduce the split shift/peak time working pattern that the wildcat strikes were called over.

I can't remember who said that the A4 staff largely work at Waterside...I thought a lot of them work in CRC? I think in terms of company organisation they are part of IfCE.

However, I know few details of the real proposals to these groups and only a little of their current working terms. Just like many people here know little of the reality of cabin crew's situation.