PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnet's Australian Ops
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2009, 04:01
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALANCE....

I am not after a p!ssing contest with you either, however I fail to see where I have misquoted you. The quoted paragraph is a direct cut and paste from yours.

Insofar as pax wanting to fly a certain airline due to the pilots' reputations... well, I would certainly HOPE that it is true, but have yet to hear ANY passenger ever refer to it. I do tend to "get out a bit", btw. I have had friends who are / were platinum frequent flyers with QF try to "avoid them like the plague, where I can". I am sure that it has NOTHING to do with the way that the pilots fly/act/behave. Moreso to do with the fact that they do NOT like the service they now get, and reckon that QF's OTP is pretty poor.
I HAVE however heard of passengers wanting to avoid an airline because the whole airline, pilots included, is considered unsafe. BUT, just because one does not choose to avoid and airline, doesn't mean that they are safer... they may just have a better PR department.
I have heard pilots say that they would never send their family on their OWN airline, unless they were the PIC!