PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnet's Australian Ops
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2009, 02:32
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apache, I'm not after a p1ssing contest with you. You have your opinion, I have mine. But you did say:

Do NOT misquote me on this please.
yet you choose to misquote me? Hardly fair.

I fly with pax who tell me exactly the only reason that they choose to fly with us. The pilots. Just because you haven't heard it does not mean it isn't true! Perhaps you need to get out more.

What a crock of SH!T.
Many passengers continue to fly Qantas because:
A/ their company has a corporate deal with them
B/ They are allowed to fly business class between SYD and CBR, or some other silly short sector, which their company will pay for.
C/ they are locked into the frequent flyer program, and have too many points to lose if they get out, and not enough for a free sandwich,
D/ the perceived MAINTENANCE standards are higher.
E/ QF has a monopoly on some sector(maybe regional!?)
Ok - point A, B, and E are perhaps true, but we are referring to a punter who has a choice in where they spend their money, right? Point "C"? Well, a punter can choose VB for rewards program, correct? Hardly locked in. As far as point "D", you have to be joking, right? Have you not seen the news lately about QF perceived maintenance standards? Whether it's true or not, QF maintenance is now perceived by punters to be done overseas, because it's cheaper. Don't bother telling me that one aint true!

And as far as Jitcinnict having the SAME instructors? That might be about as far as it goes, fella. Are the SAME standards applied in the sim? Are the SAME standards applied in recruitment? Are the standards the SAME on the line? Maybe. Maybe not. But as a paying punter, I wouldn't like my pilots sitting up the front there wondering how in the hell they are going to pay their mortgage, let alone feed the kids. Darwinism, mate!

You might call it arrogance, my friend. I call it "telling it like it is". If you want political correctness, and to feel warm and fuzzy in your low paid LCC job, fine. But the fact are the facts. You get what you pay for in this beautiful world.

Feel free NOT to misquote me, too.