PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnet's Australian Ops
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2009, 00:31
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas is a another good example. The airline has for many years now p1ssed the travelling public off sooooo much, that the only reason many people fly with them these days is because of the pilots. They honestly belive that the pilots ARE SAFER. Now even they are being replaced by cheaper imitations? As a paying passenger, I wouldn't be happy.
What a crock of SH!T.
Many passengers continue to fly Qantas because:
A/ their company has a corporate deal with them
B/ They are allowed to fly business class between SYD and CBR, or some other silly short sector, which their company will pay for.
C/ they are locked into the frequent flyer program, and have too many points to lose if they get out, and not enough for a free sandwich,
D/ the perceived MAINTENANCE standards are higher.
E/ QF has a monopoly on some sector(maybe regional!?)
I have NEVER EVER EVER heard any passenger prefer to fly QF because they reckon the pilots are safer.
Do NOT misquote me on this please. I am not saying that QF pilots are any better or worse than the rest of OZ/NZ pilots. I am saying that the public does not PERCEIVE them to be any better than the rest.

Whilst we are on the subject... Who trained the Jetconnect chaps? My understanding , and I may be incorrect, of it is that they all were trained in the QF simulator in Melbourne, by the SAME instructors that train "mainline" Qf drivers.

I am not sticking for companies that want to lower wages, but I thought the Arrogance of the post above was just horrendous.