PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnet's Australian Ops
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2009, 23:31
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SELLING ON QANTAS'S REPUTATION AND SERVICE, ALL THE WHILE AT THE COMPROMISE OF SAFETY

Yeah ok, it is an attack on oz conditions and jobs, but please come up with a better argument to take to the public...
Why, Growler? Just because you say so? IMHO, it is not an unreasonable argument put forward by that Qrewroom poster. There are similar precedents in most other industries, but you seem to forget that. Put simply, you get what you pay for. Better people WILL go after better pay and conditions. Darwinism.

Ah, but you say I have no evidence! Wrong! Colgan Airways. The rot has started and will not end until accountants realise the actual value of a human life, not the paper value!

And, as I stated, there is plenty of evidence from other industries of "cheaper not being better". How many indian call centres have you had a successful call with lately? How do chinese products hold up in comparision with others?

Qantas is a another good example. The airline has for many years now p1ssed the travelling public off sooooo much, that the only reason many people fly with them these days is because of the pilots. They honestly belive that the pilots ARE SAFER. Now even they are being replaced by cheaper imitations? As a paying passenger, I wouldn't be happy.

I understand your point, Growler, but with respect, I disagree.