PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA
Thread: DGCA
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2009, 19:02
shanx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@bad_attitude

I totally agree with you. Have myself come across several kids who have convinced their poor dads to sell off their ancestral property, to fund for their CPL training.

@IndAir967

I personally think the one with 1500 hours TT WITH ATPL should get chosen over the one only CPL + A320/B737 Rating.

However, I know some blokes who got into kingfisher and Indigo when the so called aviation boom was beginning it's long downward descent (around early 2008), because they had got a self sponsored A320 TR from Miami.
They flew on FATA for about 6-8 months and meanwhile got their CPL converted to Indian CPL. Once converted, the company took care of getting the A320 endorsement on their Indian CPL.

So I guess, in the end it depends on :

1. How badly the company needs you. (basic demand supply situation)

2. Whether it will cost less to train you and put you online, rather than CPL holder without any TR.

3. ... as always the fundamental rule ... how well "connected" you are with that airline.

Ofcourse, point no.3 would also mean the same person with the right "connections" would not have to go for a self sponsored Type Rating in the first place !!