PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2009, 11:15
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny

Why are you such a sad

The people with whom I speak regularly have since they joined early last year averaged 820 in the 12 months from start of line training.
Some have reached the 900 hours.
This month most are rostered 90+ hours and since the beginning of the year have averaged over 65 hours including leave.
Were are you getting your statistics from ?

Why are you so worried about contracts which may not come up for renewal for 2 or 3 years, the situation will have changed again by then.

I am a Pilot with over 36 years in the industry, and yes I am a commodity, just like any other employee.

I suggest that once you have gained experience in the industry, you will understand the economics, and that aviation is not what you expected it to be.

As for sickness, how often have you been sick in the last year, or for that matter since you were 16.
Yes sick pay would be an advantage but you can get a policy to cover you, again tax deductable to self employed pilots.

I am glad that I dont have to sit next to you on the flightdeck as your colleagues must be sick of listening to you bleat and fighting a losing corner.