PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging IFR hours - is my thinking correct?
Old 9th Aug 2009, 09:17
12Watt Tim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SN3

If you have any reasoned argument against anything I have said then feel free to make it. However if you ask a question that has already been answered without addressing that answer, someone will just repeat that, and point out that you are not taking any notice of answers already given!
Perhaps someone can explain the reference in JAR-FCL 1.080 which states:
No, I don't think anyone can explain that to you, as more than one person has and you still appear not to understand. However I will try.

The item says "instrument flight time", and clearly defines this as "time during which he operates the aircraft solely by reference to instruments, under actual or simulated instrument flight conditions.". Wodka was asking about time flying under IFR. That is time flown under an IFR clearance in controlled airspace or following instrument flight rules in class F or G airspace.

Notice that under the section you quote the instrument flight time, if it is to be logged at all,is to be logged in a spare column (in some logbooks a separate column is marked "IF", but that is not always the case). That is separate from the IFR column in all JAR logbooks!