PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus suspends pilots & ops (merged)
Old 29th May 2002, 13:29
cluckingbell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rupetime, if you are suggesting that Aer Lingus flight crews should;
1 throw away their lifestyles to appease the insatiable demands of a rabid management
2 and in so doing participate in practices that could result in compromising the safety of our passengers ,
in order to stop the management from bringing down the airline they are supposed to manage, then so be it. Aer Lingus will be no more.

That is if you are foolish enough to believe any of the rubbish that emenates from Dan Loughery and Willie's propaganda machine. Fact- Aer Lingus is not in danger in going out of business not withstanding the threat from its own management. Flights are full. There is no cash crisis. The airline has not even availed of the draw down facility made available to it after September 11th. We have just had the 1st profitable March in around 20 years of trading. Fiction- Aer Lingus cannot survive without its pilots (5% of costs v. industry average 10%) doing 10 hour turnarounds.

For anyone who does not see what is going on here let me spell it out. Airline managers do not like pilots. They cost too much money. Oneworld management are engaged in a worldwide campaign of pilot union breaking . Lan Chile has fallen. Cathay Pacific has been holed below the waterline. Willie Walsh is in regular contact with Rod Eddington. BA is next. The future- yellow pack Aer Lingus pilots flying oneworld aircraft.

rupetime, I'd sooner work in McDonalds. At least if i burn the burgers I won't be prosecuted or dead.