PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2009, 12:23
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny

It is obvious that you do not understand the Self Employed Tax system as to what may be reclaimed, its complex and requires an accountant.

My figures are factual, and obtained from BRK F/O's who were employed Last Year, some before the Line training €40 / hour, others after.

In your argument you state after tax figures, and maybe you compare with other airlines who are PAYE.

For pension lets take an average of 5% employee contribution €250
Tax in first year after deductions estimated at €6000 or €500 / month

Overall the cost to the pilot of the other things you mentioned :-
"loss of licence, health insurance,car park, uniform, medicals, hotels & transportation for sims etc "
These are ALL tax deductable to a self employed pilot.
Allowing a fixed monthly deduction for these items many of which are not monthly of €300. the math adds up as follows, Monthly income.
Income €5000
outgoings €1050 (Before tax relief)
in the Bank €3950 converted to GBP 3375

A good salary for in any ones eyes, once related to other companies
Flybe £2090 before tax Monthly.
BMI Regional 2750 before tax Monthly
Figures from PPJN.

The new F/O BRK is reduced yes, but there are hundreds out there willing to work for it.
For Captains and F/O's RYR remember that they also get sector pay, per hour flown, and the current agreement I believe is tax paid, so no deduction.

The figures I have given you are based on €80 / hour less €4.5 deduction.
On 800 hours per year, with a further 100hrs which could be flown.
These hours are scheduled hours and as we all know the maximum is 900 Flight Hours.

Start getting your facts right, and compare like for like, as its difficult to equate Self Employed to PAYE, they are very different beasts.

As LHC said "Give him a bar of gold and he will complain that its too heavy"