PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Aug 2009, 22:10
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same old, same old......

Originally Posted by Pif
Got to find another hundred sacrificial lambs then lads? Maybe you can cover it with unpaid leave, but of course you have a no strike contract now.Got to take the pain and can't do a thing about it!
Another hundred? Where was the first hundred? This is the first volume related CR and entirely expected and publicised by BALPA, oooh, about 2 months ago. I have the newsletter if you'd like it. How many volume related CRs are BASSA looking at once you've shed the 2000 HCE required for the business plan? If we're parking 11 Jumbos how many cabin crew is that over and above the 2000? BASSA have warned you about that, haven't they? Are you going to have another strike over that one? My my, it's starting to look like the BASSA "Strike over EVERYTHING!" campaign last time (you know, when you got stitched up by Tony Woodley? More on that later). I doubt we'll be striking, and thats nothing to do with a non-existent no strike contract that you like to imagine, it's just we can handle it comfortably with unpaid leave. I wonder what BASSAs contingency plan is?

Tears were literally rolling down my cheeks to read in the Times on Thursday that with a small drop in capacity BA's load factor has gone up. Even with Walsh talking the business down, the opposite happens.
Load. Yield. You know the difference, so does everybody else here.

The Beano mob have played a blinder drawing out negotiations until the recession has turned the corner. What sort of figures were BALPA looking at? Did they not see this improvement in performance forecast by Walsh? Obviously not. Now they are stitched up with their pay cut.
Sounds like you've had one too many crew purchases. Did you miss the 90 million loss we announced in Q1. Recession over indeed. And no pay cut for us until you deliver all of your departmental savings. In full.

Best to play a waiting game sometimes lads, rather than falling over yourselves to suck up to Walsh.
Will see who's right when your solution is imposed. Have you filled in BFs survey yet? I did one for you on ESS.

Now about that nice Mr Woodley. I had to laugh when I saw this rubbish from your union today:

Originally Posted by BASSA
Over my dead body will UNITE/TONY WOODLEY be able to exercise any unwanted influence on you - you have my word on that
Poor old Dunc, the stress must be getting to him. He seems to have forgotten that just moments earlier he wrote:

Originally Posted by BASSA
The situation with Tony Woodley is very clear. His permission is needed to run a ballot for industrial action if BA go ahead an impose any changes to agreements. After that moment everything is in your hands.
So everything is in your hands and Tony has no influence on you. Except when he says you can't hold a strike ballot. Ouch. Game, set and match BA. New constitution or not, your fate is in the hands of one man who is not inclined to strike, who has folded before BA before and, if rumours are to be believed, still has his balls firmly in the BA vice over Gate Gourmet. What a mess! And this is the man BA has called up to negotiate with at the Standing Conference!! You see Poof, the problem is that BASSA didn't take the idea of a deadline seriously. They thought they could go on and on, stalling BA, without consequences. The reality is that instead of shaping your future you've been sidelined. BA won't even talk to your reps now, they want the organ grinder, not the monkey. And the organ grinder's about to throw you a few nuts then sign away your future to BA. I pity you.