PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Aug 2009, 22:05
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PiB,

You really are living in a dream world! I wish I could have the same resounding confidence in the economy as you do but, unfortunately I live in the real world not yours.

The Beano mob have played a blinder drawing out negotiations until the recession has turned the corner.
What corner? I see the Bank of England is sooooo confident like the well informed BASSA tub thumpers that it has decided to celebrate by injecting yet another £50 billion of the future tax payers money into the economy because 'the recession is over'.

Yields will return and Walsh's claim of "structural change" will turnout to be rubbish.
Perhaps then you should run for the job of CEO yourself? It seems you have it all tied up and your quips could amuse everyone who works for you?

I have just bought a new car with a 20% discount and four years interest free credit. That wasn't on offer two years ago.
Errrrrm, no, it wasn't as market forces two years ago dictated that people would buy cars, along with any other consumable items, at the list price. Oddly enough, now, in the real world where the sky is blue (occasionally) people don't have the disposable income to pay the prices as dictated two years ago, the manufacturing and service industries are in the doldrums and doing everything they can to attract customers. Much like reducing the price of a ticket to such an extent where they make a loss just to stop the passenger flying with a rival airline in the hope the rival folds before they do! Sound familiar? Oh, no because you live in BASSA land.

What next? Who knows.