PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Traffic Control Assistants
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2009, 17:19
RVR600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3miles:

<<What becomes totally mad, is that when you see opportunites for ATSA's to become involved in other tasks to re-generate their wort, the response you can often be faced with is that isnt "in the WP" or " The union wont allow that" or "What will I get paid for that?" So their jobs are at risk because what they do is being replaced by technology, yet sometimes when given the chance to replace their lost tasks with new ones to help secure their future and make them that much needed part of the team again, the Union! Again actually just help them out of the door that much quicker.

Change is happening....ATSA's need to be apart of it, not become a victim of it, in order that they keep their at the end of the day very well paid jobs. If you are asked to help out on the simulator, be involved in a project, take on another task do it....becasue then you will have a reason to argue why the company shouldnt get rid of you, other than our cries of you being worth your weight in gold.>>

If you are happy to take on the work, project or tasks that were originally done by either several people or somebody of a higher grade until they became victims of the cost savings, then more power to you and I respect your reasons why.

However, if it is in the mistaken belief that it will make your position more secure then you could not be more wrong. When it comes to judgement day for you, management will show you exactly how they value your worth by asking you to bend over the desk and whilst having a good old rumage will pass the P45 around with the other hand, in the same way they have/will do with others.

I think I would rather jump before being pushed and leave with my dignity in tact before I fell into the smeagol way of thinking, which seems to be getting championed by management and union alike.

Last edited by RVR600; 7th Aug 2009 at 19:20.