PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFALPA/BALPA Cathay ban.
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2002, 10:28
Snoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Despite looking I am not sure what Cathay's current requirements for new hires are, so I am not sure that the specifics of this apply to people like me. However seen in a broader context I do have a question.

I have been looking for that first proper break for a few years now. I scrape by doing whatever job comes along, hoping that lady luck will look my way again. Apart from my o'levels and highers , my only other qualifications are for flying. To get these I borrowed £40,000 which I still owe. I understand the importance of solidarity and presenting a united front as pilots, in the face of management's mis-management, but since Balpa has been sod all help in my employment search and offered nothing in the way of support or information since Sept 11th why should I listen to them? I need a job flying and if this was a chance to get going, how could they vilify people such as myself who would consider taking a chance like this?

Let face it, looking for a job for a low hours CPL/IR like myself is akin to looking for a needle in a haysatck at the moment.