PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does a US CPL look in your CV?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2009, 10:47
B200Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick, What I am saying, if you read my post properly and not just see what you want to see is that you learn 14 subjects to take a CPL and most of that is WORTHLESS OUT OF DATE DRIVEL. Aviation has moved on but the British system hasn't. Even a prominent member of the CAA has admitted that they make it difficult to keep the "Riffraff" out, it is elitist and old fashioned, And by the way, I am British and come from a family of British aviators. It does not change the fact that most of what you learn in order to get a fATPL in the UK, you will never ever use in your aviation career, not even if you become an intrepid explorer, even they have a GARMIN tucked away somewhere.
Don't think for one minute, that a pilot who has a JAR is superior to a FAA certified pilot, you will end up, like many before you, bitter and twisted!!!

Furthermore, to answer your question about the IF, for my FAA IF, I did 40 hrs of instrument training, in which I logged 76 approaches, some full procedure, others vectored, I also practiced all the other required skills. After my checkride, I was competent to fly in IMC under IFR and shoot a full procedure approach to a landing. How do you think the British system, being more difficult will help you achieve any more than that??? Is that not the desired outcome?