PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does a US CPL look in your CV?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2009, 23:27
B200Drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said BelArgUSA.
If any of you think that the JAA/ JAR is superior in any way to the FAA license, I wish you well with you stuck up career. The JAA system is so far removed from the reality of day to day flying its just not true.
The JAA flight test is NOT more comprehensive than the FAA flight test.
The bottom line is, the FAA test questions are available through a thing called 'freedom of information" something Britian would do well to explore. There is only one FAA test at CPL and ATPL level, and they only have 80 questions, but they cover all the required subjects. So, how many questions from each subject do you have to answer in order to prove you know that subject? Furthermore if those questions were not available, you would have to study all the subject material from each subject to pass, kind of like you do in JAR land. If your questions where available in the same format, would you LEARN any more?
I instructed in the USA to build time, and had numerous students from the UK and NZ who came over there with the idea that it was easy, did not study, and flunked.
Since then I have maintained my FAA ATP, done type ratings in the US and have a good career, which has taken me to the four corners of the earth.
The JAA/ JAR system is no better than the FAA system, and having a FAA license will not hurt your chances of getting employed, and if a DO or CP says that you are less experienced because you have both, then really, who is more stupid.