PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas BKK Cabin Crew base to close???
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2009, 22:52
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason I believe that twigggs is wrong is simple and it also shows what motivates the company....

The answer is pure and simple...money.

As far as I'm aware if CR is utilised then it's last on first off....If that's the case and the company has a surplus of crew in relation to the amount of flying then obviously it has to reduce the number of crew.

If it offers CR then it will be the new QCCA crew that will be taking the bullet so to speak......and this is the last thing that the company would want.

So to stop this from happening they (may) have decided to axe the Thai base.This gives more flying to the Australian based crew and helps prevent the loss of jobs here....or more specifically QCCA jobs.

The company desperately wants the QCCA crew because it saves them a fortune...Just as Jetstar tech crew are cheaper than mainline tech crew.

If this theory is right and the base closure is to stop the loss of QCCA crew then I wouldn't want to be in any of the other overseas bases....

I agree with the others that in the main the Thai crew were fantastic workers and if this rumour is true it is a very sad indictment on the way the company works.

If this is unfortunately the case I wish the Thai crew the best for the future and hope they can find a suitable job hopefully with another airline soon...

kòp koon kup ........