PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots New Vueling
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2009, 15:45
bcnhog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good points, yes.

But seriously, do you really consider the situation at Spanair better? The company is dying, has no money, no institutional support left, strikes left and right, no one believes their chairman anymore because he is not keeping his promises (how could he?), new CEO and COO come from hard core LCCs but are nowhere to be seen............ seriously? do you really think it is better? If I were a JK pilot, I would be keeping SEPLA very tight next to me to make sure that I get paid - and I'd start looking for another job; a good job takes a while to find.

It would be totally insane to blame the situation at JK on the pilots' conditions - ridiculous as well. BUT, the overall situation of becoming fatter and fatter at Spanair, under SK union-friendly supervision, also is made worse by less cost efficient conditions by most workers. Not the reason for the demise, just another contributor.

It is truly amazing. You take a MAD-BCN flight on IB, then you take one on JK, then you take one on VY (and soon one on U2 or FR), and you look at the crews in the eyes and you think: same job, same product, same safety, same customer support, similar punctuality, double the pay. It does not make any sense at all.

As an aspiring career pilot, I prefer stability with slowly better pay conditions to a comfortable, short life; frankly, I would prefer to know that my company will not disappear after 11 years (JK's life) because of continuous mismanagement, including mismanagement and treatment of crew.

Just my two cents.