PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who flew the straits?
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2002, 00:02
Flying Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing but happy memories of the Straits.I was there up from 9/99 til 8/01 flying the ,182,206 ,Partbanana and the mightyPrince of the sky the BONGO. I lived in the Northern suburbs (Badu) for most of my time.Fond memories of talking to Kubin Tower and checking who was on the CAT house Verandah....or seeing who was getting busy with JB on the Kubin beach.All the crazy parties on Horn Island.....especially the 1000 hours ones at Tropos House........and the big one up the DAM.......when we help remove all the vegetation......one CAT pilot looking black and blue!!Yep Freeker playing the Darnley(and yes I do miss the B W !)........time of your life......closing time.Great music was played at Dixters leaving do with Nadsy er Mattsy er...er..er....on the BASS,andll the hilarious stories /C"*K ups with er....er......wild...err.....man.All stations sassy!!!The Funeral at Yorke Island(greaty flying weather that day)....playing rugby on the runway til someone broke a HF Aerial!!!Millenium new years on T.I......Our really reliable Tinny.......crocadile BOB.....They were all great times up there......i hope to see some good threads after this one.Now that the memeory bank is working I will put some more on tommarrow