PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA scrap meals(except breakfast!)
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2009, 07:34
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And Glamgirl,

I was referencing travelling within the EU wereas there is no tax/duty free.

With regards to the whisky incident, and indeed I needed to become involved in the overpowering of a drunk pax, whilst I was a staff pax, in my younger years there is a bit of difference between a litre of whisky and a can or two of beer. Were one to take on, and attempt to drink, a slab of 24 beers then I would agree with these not being drunk 100% but we are talking about a can or two of beer here, it's hardly the crime of the century, and it all comes about because the airlines are restricting their complimentary alcohol, I don't have any such problems on airlines where food & drink are paid for, absolutely no problem for the cabin crew to serve two or three beers.

Earlier this year I was travelling back to UK from LED with Austrian, on the F70 between LED and VIE there must have only been 20 or so pax, upon boarding I got in to a banter with the C/C if, because it was so empty, I could change seat etc.

When the steward, later, brought the drinks around he offered me a choice of two brands of beers, selecting one brand he joked with me that I could try the other brand when he comes round again, I had a can of Russian beer (that had been left over from my stay in LED) in my bag, I showed it to him joking that I'd be trying that brand also, he had absolutely no problem with me drinking my own can of beer.