PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was the Nomad really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 22:01
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The Go Mad;

Or as a mate use to call it THE GONAD:

I can remember seeing ZX SNZ parked outside the Captial Aviation hangar/Office at wellington airport, with the Southerly blowing "just a tad"( yeah right)!

The CP called out F-----ing look at that! SNZ was levitating about 2-3ft off the ground, while happily parked!

On the twin NDB approach into Woodburn one night, a Chip Detector light illuminated, company SOP was to shut it down, I thought about shutting down a "perfectly good engine", and decided to follow the SOP and do so.

I proceeded to feather the right Engine, but something did not look or feel right! and I was confused, and could not understand why!
After sitting on my hands for a tad longer and trying to not get too high on the Approach! I realized that the chip light was saying L-ENG, but it was situated on the Right Hand side of center in the console.

In turbulence when at Light weight, it would fish tail, so you get the person in the Right seat to wonder down the back and it would stop!

Landing at All up weight it would perform better than a Twin Otter.

Take offs at all up weight were just the opposite.

In the rain you got an extremely wet right leg.

And in icing it did not like icing at all, it became a different animal in feel.

And in the winter, at night, the heating system was good when it stayed working.

Not an aeroplane I would like to get reacquainted with.

Chr's
H/Snort.