PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPEX problems
Thread: AFPEX problems
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 09:48
willyflyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFPEX

What a system!!!
First of all it took over 6 months, yes 6 months to get my application in on line and it was only resolved because I new an employee there who took in by hand my hard copy of the application.
Then it is a nightmare to log on using Java. Last Saturday it took 9 minutes to download a blank flight plan and even that took 3 attempts as the website 'timed out' each time. total half an hour. Surely it would be easier to break in to the Bank of England than to file a flight plan. All I wanted to do was to fly a microlight, with a passenger from the uk to LFAT.
When one could fax a FP to Heathrow it was heaven but not now it is a nightmare before you set off. These FPs cannot be all that important as in the recent past Farnborough could not estabish that my flight plans was in the system, once in the air and requesting activation. Fearing a return to base they replied 'no worries we will send a departure notice to LFAT. so all was well.
How civilised and helpful, unlike SWANWICK. where my HELP phone call went un-answered after 4 attemps despite a so called 7days 24 hr service.
What did I do? got on to the OLIVIA French FP filing site. Job done in just 7 minutes. This why all UK services are all going down the PAN.
In the UK it seems 'Just how difficult can we make it' whilst in France the attitude is 'How can we Help?