PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 23:59
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all

I expected some rabid views to emerge and sure enough they are here but also had a pleasant surprise.

Bongle, what more could I expect of you looking through your past postings, you react to the idea of BALPA like a rabid dog does to water, I will answer the question "what's it got to do with you?" at the end of this post.

UK Viking, I note that you were still 2 years into training at end of June so I hardly think qualifies you as expert in anything, especially industrial relations and recognition of unions, you may drive a big pointy thing worth many beer tokens but it does not make you the font of all knowledge. That is an attitude known as arrogance. At the end of the day you are an employee, albeit trainee, and RYR is a hard headed business that views you as a commodity to be used and possibly mistreated according to their business needs. You are expendible if need be and any tears will be either your own or crocodile ones. We have PROPER unions in order to combat or ameliorate this. Hence my stance despite my reservations about BALPA.

Now, what's it got to do with me? see my previous posts. I get a PM from some bozo seeming to ask how to fight pre-emptive recognition of another union when BALPA have made a case for recognition and, on looking at previous posts, he turns out to be from the opposite camp. I do not react well to attempts to con me.

Imagine my surprise when I get a PM from another RYR pilot tonight, a guy who had previously sent me a castigating PM over posting night_fr8's PM, saying he had over reacted and was with me on this. He gives permission to post but I wont as he is a BRK guy but realises he should get behind his RYR colleagues.

I do note in all that posted to flame me on this a certain lack of intelectual rigour in argument, vitriol does not quite work on the net.