PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 16:11
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XT668

As you're so up to date on things, can you let us all know what changes the engineers agreed to? Then please explain how the pilots' deal is relevant to that and then again, why our CC deal is relevant to both the aforementioned deals.

I know the details of each deal but I'll let you know my thoughts before you reply. They are unrelated! Each department had to make cuts and changes according to the targets that BA set them. Those targets were based on market rate, the need for savings and current efficiency / inefficiency.

The engineers and pilots met their targets. End of. There is no guaranteed clawback of cuts in either deal. They are permanent changes!

According to PWC, BASSA's proposals met only 30% of their target. Now at this point, we can continue to be adult, or you can sneer at PWC's valuation of the BASSA deal like Flying Chick. However, you can deny it's real value all you like - it simply won't change BA's course of action. Which is why I want BASSA to get round the table, poll it's members, accept that the world has changed and then negotiate a deal that will be superior to Willie's impending imposition.

BA's cuts will not affect the large numbers of us on the lower rates of pay too much - we already work that efficiently (especially our crew at LGW) for that re-numeration. It will, however, hit a few very, very hard. That gives me no pleasure. I accept that will be a lot to bear with existing mortgages etc. We all cut our cloth to fit. But are those higher terms and conditions justifiable in this day and age?

Since you retired you may also have missed that BASSA allowed the pay, allowances, crewing levels and products that BA now propose airline-wide at LGW. Not such much as a whimper either. But they now resist those changes at LHR on principle or because it will ruin our airline?