PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 13:42
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying chick,

I think you have misjudged the point of this thread. I don't think anyone disputes that BASSA will exist in one shape or another in the future.

Correct representation is essential in this world. The thrust of this whole debate is that BASSA have not represented their whole membership in this dispute due to their unwillingness to enter meaningful debate with the company.

I hope, as do all of my peers and colleagues, that BA will exist as a premium airline in the future. However, in order to do so, as the demographics of air travel change, the way we do business must also change.

Why do we feel so strongly about the position BASSA finds itself in? Simple, there is a strong undercurrent of hostility from a minority of crew who feel that they are in the pivotal position of deciding if the company continues or folds. This, obviously, impacts upon all working at BA, hence the 'interest' in what BASSA are doing.

The haggling will continue tomorrow however the critical point of haggling is that both sides start from a lofty point but concede points until an agreement is reached.

As BASSA have excelled at the 'No' approach for so long it must be difficult to react to a management position where they are standing up to the threats of the union.