PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 11:13
sunnysmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm all for a proper debate but time and again they just refuse to engage
Same here. Personally, apart from here, I don't bother anymore. In fact most of the crew I have flown with recently just want to get on with the job and are questioning the situation and their union intelligently. Also as far as I understand, the 'militant lot' are out numbered in briefings etc. so despite the rantings on CF, they appear to have little opportunity to 'stir'. I think (hope) for their sake (and selfishly for my partners sake!!) that it looks like something sensible will happen!

As for them refusing to engage, well to be blunt I don't think they know (not all of them!!!) how without resorting to personal abuse. It may sound harsh, but the CF/Bassa forum group either don't want to think for themselves or can't!!

Could someone from the pro BASSA brigade please explain to us where the 2.61% pay cut figure came from?
Unfortunately, all you get is 'if it's good enough for the pilots it's good enough for us' from the usual lot. They simply don't understand or care to understand the work/background that was involved in our package. Only recently my partner was listening to a BASSA rep talking to some crew at the CRC, and (as I said before in a previous post) after correcting his 'understanding' of our package a few times she gave up and walked away!!! (She thinks she overheard him say 'must be married to flight deck' as she walked away.... but that's an aside!)

All in all though, I have to say that (apart from the three crew members I encountered on a trip recently - as I alluded to in another previous post) everyone I have flown with in the last week or so, have been a credit to the hardworking, intelligent and articulate crew you'd expect in our airline. That is one of the things I agree with Bassa on. They've restored my confidence that a sensible solution is possible.

SS