PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 08:27
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinkaroo,

And that's your idea of contributing to the debate is it? You can see, perhaps, why some of your colleagues tire of the endless empty rhetoric. You've singularly managed to say nothing in the space of a post.

Who urged capitulation? Not I. All I and many who've dared to disagree with BASSA is to urge negotiation. By which I mean going back to the table and hammering out an agreement. Negotiation is not slamming BASSA nor BA's proposals back on the desk and saying take it or leave it. If that's the best intellectual level you can operate on you'd best hop off back to crewforum where someone will be no doubt waiting to tell you what a great job you did sticking it to those nigel twunts. Spare me.

As for the share issue - it's been done to death a thousand times on here but, if like your colleague you don't want to hear it, that's up to you. Simple as, if agreement isn't reached, our deal's off the table too so we're in a no paycut "lala" I'm not listening position too. But, and here's something I think cuts to the meat of the matter, there are certain facts BASSA don't want to believe and will persist in the who can shout the loudest campaign and endeavour to blame flight crew for all their woes (did BASSA ever care to point out how close they came to giving your NAPS pension away, or how BALPA found the NI loophole which saved millions back into the pension - for both staff groups?). Just like the soul who thinks he might withdraw his pension from NAPS just to spite the flight crew, ably demonstrating both their bile and utter misunderstanding of how a pension fund operates.

As for the oil price, if, as you imply, we should leave you alone because oil's cheap - would you be happy to revisit this when oil prices rise as manufacturing demand picks up with the end of the recession? Shall we pay you according to the spot price per barrel? Don't see you hollering for a paycut when it tips the $100pb do you?

Welcome to the 21st century, I don't believe there's a place at the table for this combative approach any longer. Would that you would come back with some facts rather than what you lamely consider to be a witty riposte. But that seems to be the best that can be mustered over here before scuttling back to CF on your hobby horse.

MrB

Oh, by the way, no kids and wouldn't privately educate them if I were to have them. Solid labour voter all my life, happy to pay tax to support Bevan's finest creations.