PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thank you families!!! No thanks NOTW!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2009, 18:39
wokawoka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Thank you families!!! No thanks NOTW!!!

Check this load of:

Fury as kids go on Chinook fun flights | News | News Of The World

So here we are having a families' day, thanking our other halves, sons,daughters for their continuouns support over the last 4/5 years in the most dangerous ops the Chinook has probably ever seen and this is what we get? Some half-*rsed journo who can't do his homework.
He left it to the very end to mention that it was only the immediate family of RAF serving personnel that were being take on a short flight on the aircraft. I am sure he did not mention this to the people he interviewed for their reaction.
It leaves such a bad taste in my mouth for us to be seen by the families of the fallen, after they have been given the impression by this journo, that we could use these aircraft and stop their sons/daughter getting blown up. He does not realise that Odiham is one of these units where 20%+ have been constantly deployed throughout the year for the last 4/5 years.
We are not like some units who do 6 months and then rest for 2 years (and trust me I am not taking anything away from the most courageous acts this country has seen for a few decades done by the members of said units), each flight deploys twice in 12 months. It is a lot of strain put on our loved ones. So what a better way to say thank you to them. He and others should remember that if this support did not exist, our support to the ground troops would probably not be as good and exemplary as it currently is.

I am now in the process of writing a snotogram to this waste of space and I encourage anyone else who feels this way inclined to do the same.

Woka woka.

Edited: