PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Staff Travel. FA jump seat use
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2009, 13:51
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An FSO, just like a CSO is an statement of company policy in respect of a given regulatory regime.

An Operator's individual company policy however does not dictate what is essentially a Federal jurisdiction. The Operator's approval is designated by the regulator not by the company.

Too this end the current FSO is not reflected as a change in the Ops Manual and the change has not been presented to the regulator in accordance with the requirements of the Act and required process.

That said - and until alternative compliance procedures are effected, the FSO would be followed on-board accordingly with the appropriate reports initiated to both the company and the regulator.

In the event however of an unsuitable person being placed in the CC jumpseat, I would expect a professional liaision to take place between the Captian and the CSM. I would expect, just like in 767 days that an unsuitable pax in an exit row would be moved and all would be in agreeance.

If the seat to my left was say batting from a position of adversarial stupidity, then I would not hestitate in closing the door and having one of 'those' full and frank discussions. If the CSM was batting the same way I would not hesitate in backing the chair.

But If the situation was giving rise to a risk to the safety and security of the a/c or the pax, and the risk was not being addressed due to escalated stupidity (on either side), then I would certainly prefer not to fly the sector and would certainly be making a phone call or two.

Reality is that this reform is a last resort and given we will no doubt have an amended FSO expressing a few more compliance conditions once the regulator is formerly advised then maybe aPprune 'cease fire' is appropriate.

As stated previously one would have thought that the operating crew were all on the same side. ......maybe the thread should be parked while process catches up.

Still think however a much better solution is to fix staff travel (which is really the cause of most of this grief in the first place) and then the bloody CC jumpseat would probably not be needed !

AT