PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BO 105 - Good, Bad or just Ugly?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2009, 08:32
VfrpilotPB/2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on the BO 105

Good morning Ppruners,

This week the love of my life and I hit 26yrs hitched, so our tribe arranged for us to have a nice couple of days at the Carden Park Hotel in SW Cheshire, bootiful place set in 1000acres of lush Cheshire countryside with two magnificent golf courses designed and played on by Jack Nick, as we arrived I saw hovering on a nice flat area a nice shiney Red BO105 doing spot turns, being torn between stopping and watching the 105 and realising that the free Champers was awaiting I took the sensible approach and carried on to the the reception all the time straining to see why this Red 105 was there, after regisration sorted out by my Blonde life companion I detached to the bar grabbed a chilled bottle of Tatt, two glasses and sat on the verandah and was very happy to see this B105 still there but now settled and quiet with the jockey(s) walking to the Hotel, seems I was seeing the North Wales B105 Air Ambulance having a meeting with the PR machine incl their PMeds, they were to be pictured from every angle possible, by my little digi as well, as soon as I can down load a pic or three I will, but following a slow walkround of the Bo105 I have to ask a question or two,

What are the tiny Wick like bits hanging from the rear edge of the Rotor Blades roughly half way along the trailing edge
Why is there a spoiler fitted underneath the rear chin of the body
Why two big exhaust ducts and two much smaller ones?

Whilst this was going on, supprise , supprise my Mother and Father in law arrived to supprise us on our aniversary, OH WHAT JOY we had!!

Vfr
Peter R-B