PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Winds Of Change.
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2002, 08:10
KIFIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaptain M:

You are talking a lot of offensive and arrant rubbish and I suggest you read GlueBall's thread again because even though he is not living in Asia he seems to know more about what is going on than you do.

Recently I toured the Peoples Republic of China and flew on the National carrier plus five other domestic airlines. I have nothing but praise for all of them ie Air China, China Southwest, China Southern, China Eastern , China Northern and Hainan Airlines. Included amongst the above was a flight into a small airfield in Yan'an (north China) in a Dornier 328. From Air China's B747 to the small Dornier it was full marks to all. Every departure on time, clean tidy aircraft , courteous cabin service, adequate food (better than Qantas or Delta), newspapers and magazines, crews well turned out with caps on, good English PA, positive emergency briefings. From the point of view of a critical pilot flying as passenger I found no fault. Smooth taxying, smooth rotations, good landings off stabilised approaches. It was a pleasure to sit back and relax (something I suspect you could not do ) and watch the China countryside slide by.

Don't fool yourself they can do it and the sooner those winds of change start blowing in earnest the better off the region will be. Where the profit is made is where the profit should stay. Even you should be able to grasp that. Griffins especially take note.

KIFIS