PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sale - 40x Typhoon - unwanted gift
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2009, 12:35
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Archimedes

Torpy was instrumental in getting Typhoon into service and was also heavily involved in the final numbers ordered, they are the facts.

It's not that I don't like Torpy full stop. I used to admire the guy greatly and he was (is) an excellent pilot. Unfortunately he has failed to display anny of the leadership skills that I believe are needed by a CAS. He has constantly refused to stand up to the government on anything - including the cuts to his own beloved Typhoon fleet!

His performance, leadership and personal qualities following the loss of the Nimrod were, frankly, appalling. For the CAS to say that Nimrod was 'as safe as it needs to be' shows a distinct lack of understanding of the fleet and an arrogance that beggars belief.

His only 'claim to fame' is the introduction of Typhoon into service. It's a shame that the so-called head of UK Air Power didn't forsee the need for so many other assets, other than his own personal little toy!! I do agree with you that the money saved will not find it's way into more SH or AT. I suspect that it will go towards supporting asylum seekers, refugees and if there is anything left, we'll send it out as foreign aid!

I'm delighted he has gone. The head of the RAF needs to be a leader, not a poodle.

Winco