PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 31st Jul 2009, 03:30
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChopperFAN,
Well the 119 feels like a tractor because the rotor isn't really smooth except when you are in cruise, if you are manuvering around on in approach it will make your teeth rattle!!!

Zhishengji751,
G.D.F. stands for Gobierno Distrito Federal (Federal District Govt. = Mexico City Police) and yes that is the paramedic symbol on the helicopter, traffic is really though in Mexico City and in many cases a 5 mile trip by ground could take an hour or more so we do a lot of medical evacuation flights, we just pretty much land anywhere around the city where you can fit a helicopter and transport the patient to an available hospital around the city, most within a 10 mile radius, but we do it in under 5 or 10 minutes, instead of an hour by ground, the MC police does on average about 3 flights of the kind every day.

darrenphughes,
Spoke to Betty about two hours ago, she laughed when I asked her about her x-country She's doing really good fortunately, I keep on telling her she's doing great but she still demands perfection! She almost went from the R22 Fresno to the EC135 and she's doing really well. Last thursday we flew that black Koala you see in the photos for about 8 hours in one day, went from MC to Texas and back the same day for paperwork and it was fun for me, but Betty, being Betty, wanted to perfectly hover and fly the aircraft although she'd never flown it before! I would say she did better than most who fly it everyday, me and her have been up flying the 206L4 and the AS350B3 and she's always done great so I thing you guys are great instructors!

Last edited by BlenderPilot; 31st Jul 2009 at 03:42.