PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Winds Of Change.
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2002, 02:15
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Reprint ANY of my articles where I've beaten the pay drum, Mr Airline Magnate - or wind your neck in.

Safety has ALWAYS been my priority, and you my "friend" are one of those individuals who are a possible threat to it, if you ever get that museum of aircraft aiborne in Indonesia. And WHY do I say that 411A, because you are OBVIOUSLY strapped for cash, with your not so grandiose plans of dragging your Yankee @ss down to a third world/developing country (Indonesia) to set up (cheaply) some hotch-potch "fleet" of more clapped out aircraft (to compliment the C411), and pay your pilots peanuts with the attitude that because you're paying them SOMETHING (probably rupiah), they should be forever indebted to you, and accept whatever conditions are forced upon them.
I would guess there are more than a few people waiting for you to start your company (but I'll lay 10 to 1 it NEVER gets going ) and have its first incident so that your well publicised views on FTL's and pilot work conditions can be presented to the Insurance companies and courts, as evidence of your disdain and disregard of the same!

"AND, if the pay is less, just why do you "assume" that safety is compromised?"
Peruse the accident records, 411A, and see if you can tell me how frequently the names Korean, China Airlines, Aeroflot, Garuda, etc,appear. Then look up Cathay Pacific, QANTAS, Delta, et seq.