PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 30th Jul 2009, 09:46
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Times are hard

Bealine said: "Speaking for myself, I always have, and always will, love my job and, whilst I do love British Airways, I cannot afford to continue for £11000 a year though, so if the Trades Unions call us out and it brings the company down, it doesn't matter as far as I am concerned! (....and so say 99% of my colleagues.)"

Hang on. Not being able to afford to continue on 11 grand a year, whatever your personal circumstances, is a perfectly good reason for changing *any* job at any time. But I don't believe BASSA are negotiating any pay rises here.

However, I would have thought 11 grand a year is still better than none. If you meant what you said you'd have left and got another job already. If you feel you have no easy alternatives in the current job market, given your qualifications and experience, then assisting in destroying the hand that feeds you is just plain daft.

Either way there's something fundamentally wrong with either your statements above or the ones you chose to leave out.

Straight question: Does BASSA have you convinced that BA can afford to be blackmailed?