PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 30th Jul 2009, 09:30
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would very much hope ....and i believe .....they are not ill informed.

In what way would you say they are ill informed ?
Can't speak for the Cabin Crew talks, but certainly from the Ground perspective right up until the day that the talks broke down, the Customer Service managers concerned had no idea of the existence of our "Terminal 5 Agreement" or the promises made therein jointly between managers and staff. Over 50% of the items in the managers' "shopping list" were already covered by, and allowed for, in the said document.

How would you tackle the current crisis if not by cutting costs?
Cutting costs is a simplistic way to handle the crisis, so why not do it? The only objection the Trades Unions are making is to the changes being permanent. Surely, when the good times return, we should be rewarded? That's only fair!

Speaking for myself, I always have, and always will, love my job and, whilst I do love British Airways, I cannot afford to continue for £11000 a year though, so if the Trades Unions call us out and it brings the company down, it doesn't matter as far as I am concerned! (....and so say 99% of my colleagues.)