PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 30th Jul 2009, 09:07
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA needs to improve its communication.

The most obvious thing that jumps of the page to this neutral is that BA need to work hard to communicate with those behind the BASSA barricades.

The trouble with a union like BASSA is that the most vocal of them are the only ones who are speaking for the masses. These are also the people earning an astonishingly high salary for a job that, no matter what emotive "we're in charge of peoples' lives!" chants are repeated, does not require anything more than a decent high school education and a modicum of common sense.

I know people who would give a limb to have a job at the moment, and if BA published some of the senior CC salaries, I have no doubt that public support for these ingrates would evaporate in a heartbeat; is this something they either seem to forget or choose to ignore?

Neither - they manipulate, intimidate, scare and tell the rest of their union colleagues to "stand together" when they really mean "stand behind me and give me more power".

All it really takes is BA to get some sensible missives out to all CC employees outlining what they are trying to achieve, and exposing these overpaid prima donnas for what they are.

A former friend of mine is one of the BASSA brainwashed. ANY attempt at trying to ask her to look at other aspects of the current situation resulted in a mass of poorly spelt, capitalised Dave Spart-style nonsense that was clearly cut and pasted from the BASSA spell book. She knows nothing of the pilots deal, nothing about the state of the airline industry (she was shocked when I showed her how many airlines have actually folded), and knows nothing about the level of support WW has from the owners of the company. (I'm not even sure she knows there are owners!).

When I finally suggested that she's riding the wrong scooter, she went ape, and I and several others have essentially cut off all communications with her because she just sends torrents of these juvenile, whining missives to everyone on her mailing list - presumably another "good idea" from the 13-year old mentalities running BASSA.

It's truly painful to see how these "senior" BASSA people can so callously manipulate individuals into a way of thinking that is simply suicidal to their livelihoods, but there you go.

They remind me of the Rev. Jim Jones

But let's not forget that the outstanding truth is that they are using the herd effect to protect their own castles - I doubt they give a stuff about the younger and newer (and presumably cheaper, and in some cases clearly not so bright) cabin crew - they are just using them as cannon fodder.

It's quite depressing, and I only hope those that have the opportunity to have some reasoned discussion with CC who are questioningg the BASSA line continue to try and do so, and if need be communicate the real level of support for BASSA back to the company - it is clear that there are many CC who are starting to question this nonsensical BASSA approach but who simply cannot make themselves heard over the screaming and whining.

I do believe if BA can show they are reaching out to all CC employees, it makes the hectoring witches far less influential, and that can only be a good thing. Of course, all the hectoring witches will try and do is scream to everyone to put their fingers in their ears and go "Ner Ner ne Ner Ner" repeatedly until the nasty BA go away, such is the seeming level of their mentality.