PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 29th Jul 2009, 21:30
Slickster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want to say that I will definately go on strike if it comes to that. I do believe we need to fight for our job because at the end of the day I pay my mortgage and nobody else. I am happy for the flight deck reaching an agreement too bed their agreement is linked to us and the ground staff reaching ours. I do not believe I qwn anything to the flight deck they are not related to me and they are not my family so I stick for what I believe I just wish they would stop morning when they get on the aircraft and respect our choice as we respect theirs. Respect after all is earned and not given.
florenceflying is offline Report Post Reply
When you do go on strike, and inevitably lose your job, and very likely mine, I hope you take time out to learn how to spell (or even in these modern times, use your browser's spellchecker), although, at the age of 42, learning a new skill, or correct spelling, and syntax, might be beyond you.

I am happy for the flight deck reaching an agreement too bed their agreement is linked to us and the ground staff reaching ours.
How does an inanimate object ever reach an agreement? By profession, I'm "flight crew", but work in the "flight deck"; a subtle distinction, but no doubt one that would piss you off, of you were referred to as "cabin" your entire life.

Good luck with your strike; you had a 97% mandate last time, and it never happened. How do you think you are striking to protect your job? Through BASSA's idiocy you are all on a hiding to lose your jobs, and the rest of the jobs at BA, when it goes under. The deadline was 30th June, or were your fingers stuck in your ears, when that was announced, months ago?

A small part of me wants that to happen; I have no ties, or particular family commitments, unlike a lot of my pilot and cabin crew friends, so I'm flexible, work wise, but I'd rather not go back to teaching (chemistry BTW, before we get into the "it only takes 6 months to train a pilot, and all my cabin crew mates have 6 degrees....). Let's face it - there are a minority of BA cabin crew who need a wake-up call; they've been asleep on the job since before I was born. Unfortunately, BASSA "represent" that very minority, having sold the rest down the river, long ago, meaning most of their arguments do not stand up to scrutiny.

Welcome to scrutiny, BASSA.