PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Staff Travel. FA jump seat use
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 00:48
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tech and Cabin Crew both have "legal" entitlements to Crew rest seats and bunks.....

Tech crew entitlements come from their EBA's and the CASA regs and the Cabin Crew come solely from their EBA which is also a "legal" entitlement.

The cabin crew rest was fought for by strike action in the 1980's and i for one will still show sensible discretion to assist familes of tech and cabin crew when possible.

We just have to agree to disagree about the use of crew jumpseats. I think from a marketing perspective its a poor decision. And Twiggs the CSM workstation is not for passengers to sit in. and since the reduction of Cabin crew rest seats with the reconfiguration of the 747 Crew rest under the stairs, those curtained seats at R2 are either work areas for crew setting up carts for meal services or additional crew rest seats for eating meals or resting.

I just dont know where some of these idiotic ideas come from...

Crew dont all work in a zone of the aircraft where there jumpseat is and when needed to be seated in an emergency all the jumpseats need to be available for operating crew to sit down in an emergency.

As i said we will have to agree to disagree but i think the people that have paid extra for the exit row seats would not be happy having a passenger facing them for the flight like they are in a railway carraige, nor having the additional space that they have paid for encroached by an airline employees travel accessory.

Buy back up tickets like all the other Qantas Staff have to do when they travel or get the respective unions to negotiate some sort of "firm" travel if accompanying a crew member on a duty but stay away from operating crew jumpseats.