PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Staff Travel. FA jump seat use
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2009, 00:09
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have been very happy over 25 years to allow my cabin crew rest seats to be used by the family of the operating tech crew or cabin crew on the day. Even on flights where we didnt have bunks we have not left family members behind.

Jump seats are a different story... they are for the operating crew only in my opinion. Should never be used by non operating crew. I dont think that passengers should ever see non crew in those seats. It would also mean that the "passengers" in a crew jumpseat would also get a "flame Orange" life jacket like an operating crew member...and i am surprised that CASA would permit that.

Seems to me that the Qantas Chief Pilot has interpreted his ability to make such a ruling without consulting any other stakeholders... perhaps even CASA

As i said i am happy where possible to have crew families in the crew rest seats...its a pity the Tech crew never EVER give up their crew rest seats for families. We all get tired and have a legal entitlement to rest seats but the tech crew never give theirs up