PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Staff Travel. FA jump seat use
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2009, 23:19
funbags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lobey, you've only been gone a little while, and yet you still know nothing.

The authorities haven't stopped the use of jumpseats on the flight deck. Just limited it to those travelling to/from work. So Einstein, it doesn't fix the problem, as you put it, of someone sitting behind us. Besides if it helps someone get to/from work, then great. Perish the thought that cc could help a fellow staff traveller, very selfish as usual. Hey lobey, it might be the travel beneficiary of a fellow cc person that's on the jumpseat! But you wouldn't even want to help one of your own, let alone, the wife of a techie. Thank goodness you've left. Times have changed since the DC4 days!

Apology excepted by the way! You're wrong again. BTW, I won't be responding to any of your posts again. You've left, you're a non entity now, and you're always wrong!

What it does do is give the authority back to the Captain as to the use of jumpseats. Despite what cc think, it is the Captains entire aeroplane, not just the bit at the front. And before any of you want to argue this point, read the CAR's. Yeah, they're the really important things (legal things) that govern aviation, not the galley gossip that make cc think that the cabin is theirs! Because it's not! I could also mention the chain of command which puts the tech crew higher up the chain than the cc, I know hard to believe that the Captain is higher up than the CSM or the CSS!