PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Job Front - Note to the Unions, Chief Pilots, Agencies and Fellow Pilots
Old 28th Jul 2009, 20:24
Dreamshiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesus Checkboard, you must have a thing for Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V verging on OCD.

I never advocated buying a TR it started in post #45 and cotinued in #46 and #47. As mentioned it is a discussion for another thread and has been covered in many others at great length.

I accept your point about Germany, however I went for a job there and was then told the German Union (called the WV from memory) inisited on fluent German after the sim check despite initially allowing you to sit a language test 6 months after starting. They listened to their members and acted.

Part of the reason for this thread is I find myself unemployed in a market downturn. I highlighted some issues I hadn't seen covered in other threads.

2 years ago during the "2 week" scenario, the world was a different place from now. I didn't benefit from it and I don't know how those hired did when things started going arwy. I operate in the here and now opposed to looking back.

People undertake training knowing it takes anything from 1 year to quite a few if you are modular. Knowing what the market is like when you qualify is the hard one to gauge. Easiest thing in the world to do is to employ hindsight.

No Aussie grandparents or parents or I would. There is no point in my looking at vacancies in a country where I have no right to live and work. I also don't have the money to convert my licence or pay for the visa. However I do think there is more scope for general aviation in your country than here as I discussed earlier.